8 BOLT UNIONS & COMPANION FLANGES
These 4 bolt unions can be used anywhere system piping needs to be joined together between shut oﬀ valves.
Using piping unions such as these significantly improves the ease by which maintenance can be performed
particularly where long runs or multiple directional changes are necessary. Our flange unions feature a
captured o-ring design, hardened mounting bolts, and are available in NTP or Socket Weld configurations.
Suitable for use in mobile or stationary applications.
- All steel construction for maximum durability and weldability
- Available in 1-1/4” - 2” FNPT or Socket Weld conﬁgurations
- Zinc plated ﬂange faces for maximum corrosion resistance
- No plating on weld surfaces for improved weld quality with minimum weld prep
- Approved for use in LPG or NH3 service
- Rated 400 WOG
High Flow BYPASS VALVES
These bypass valves are speciﬁcally designed to protect truck and plant pumps from damage due to excessive
pressure while providing the industry’s best bypass ﬂow rates across a full range of set pressures. They feature
wide open ﬂow channels with an oriﬁce weep hole chamber to prevent the valve from slamming open / closed.
The weep hole chamber also helps prevent valve seat chatter by allowing constant pressure communication between
both the upstream and downstream side of the seat.
- All ductile iron body and bonnet
- All stainless steel wetted components
- Heavy duty protective stem cap
- Wide open ﬂow channels for industry best ﬂow rates
- Oriﬁce weep hole to maintain constant pressure above and below valve seat
- Large range of set pressure springs
- Weldable steel NPT and socket weld ﬂanges
- Zinc dichromate ﬁnish for maximum corrosion resistance
- Available with or without ﬂanges factory assembled
- Flanges available 1-1/4” through 2” NPT and socket weld construction
- Universal 4 bolt, ﬂanged body conﬁguration
- Two 1/4” FNPT plugged auxiliary pressure ports
- Factory set at 125 PSI
- Alternative springs available: ME840-16-108-40 (20-40 PSI)
ME840-16-108-70 (40-70 PSI) ME840-16-108-90 (70-90 PSI)
ME840-16-108-150 (125-150 PSI)
TURBO-FLO LE DRY BREAK TRANSFER SYSTEMS
FOR USE WITH LPG & NH3 TRANSFER SYSTEMS
The ME808-16 Series valves feature our new modular Excela-Flange 4-bolt inlet ﬂange design that can be easily
adapted to both NTP thread or socket weld type A companion ﬂanges (ME840 & ME841 Series) ranging from 1-1/4" to 2"
in diameter making it universal to piping sizes within this range. This innovative system allows installers the
ability to eliminate unnecessary connections as well as possible leak points by integrating a convenient 4 bolt
ﬂange union at the valve inlet. The Turbo-Flo LE system provides a safe, ergonomic and efﬁcient solution for liquid
or vapor transfer applications while increasing productivity and dramatically reducing fugitive product emissions.
For use with bobtail, transport, railcar and bulk plant applications.
- Universal 4 bolt inlet ﬂange for built in union joint
- Reduces product emissions 99.6% over standard valve combinations
- 100% compatible with all existing acme transfer connections
- Heavy duty spring loaded safety latch prevents accidental opening of valve
- Cam operated vapor equalization feature for smooth valve operation
- All stainless internal components
- Factory installed hydrostatic relief valve
- Specially formulated low temperature valve seals for maximum performance and life under all operating conditions
- Integrated Back Check (IBC) feature to allow trapped liquid to be forced back upstream of the valve if liquid is trapped downstream of the valve seat.
- Available with brass or steel acme connections.
1-1/4” MNPT X 4 BOLT FLANGE INTERNAL VALVE
The ME991-10 Series valves feature our new modular Excel-Flange 4 bolt outlet ﬂange design that can be easily adapted to both NTP thread or socket weld
type B companion ﬂanges (ME842 & ME843 Series) ranging from 1-1/4” to 2” in diameter making it universal to piping sizes within this range.
This innovative system allows installers the ability to eliminate unnecessary connections as well as possible leak points by integrating a convenient 4 bolt
ﬂange union at the valve outlet. Intended for use on bobtail trucks and storage tanks with 1-1/4” threaded connections in directional or bi-directional ﬂow applications.
Provides both manual shut-down as well as excess ﬂow closing in the event of the piping being separated from the valve. Can be equipped with manual latch, pneumatic or
rotary actuator, open/ closing devices. All valve models are equipped with a break-away feature in the cast body which permits the piping to shear off in the event of side impact,
leaving the valve poppet intact and protecting the tank from catastrophic product loss. For liquid or vapor service applications.
- Durable 316 SS body
- All stainless internal component construction
- Precision machined hard coated stem
- Fully retained nitrile seat disc
- Large variety of excess ﬂow closing values
- Roller cam actuation
- Industry’s fastest bleed time
- Removable data plate
- Industry’s easiest valve to service
- Standard construction utilizes nitrile seals
- Available with Neoprene, Viton®, or Kalrez® seals
- LISTED for LPG & NH3 service
- Rulon bearing on stub shaft
- 4 Bolt universal outlet ﬂange for built in union joint
High Flow GLOBE AND ANGLE VALVES
The ME813, ME818, ME819 and ME823 Series valves feature our new modular Excela-Flange 4 Bolt inlet/outlet design that can be easily adapted to both NTP
thread or socket weld type A companion ﬂanges (ME840 & ME841 Series) ranging from 1-1/4” to 2” in diameter making it universal to piping sizes within this range.
This innovative system allows installers the ability to eliminate unnecessary connections as well as possible leak points by integrating a convenient 4 bolt ﬂange
union at the valve inlet/ outlet connections.
- All stainless steel internal components with rotating seat disc design & V-cup Teﬂon® packing stem seals
- Double lead acme stem thread ensures quick and efﬁcient operation
- Durable ductile iron valve body with zinc plating ﬁnish
- 1-1/4” & larger globe valves have 35° seat angle for maximum product ﬂow
- 1-1/4” & larger globe valve designed ergonomically correct for bobtail transport and bulk plant applications
- Rated for 400 WOG
- Operating temperature –40° to +212° Fahrenheit
- Up to 70% MORE FLOW than the nearest competitor
- 1/4” FNPT or 1/2” FNPT plugged accessory ports upstream and downstream of valve seat
- Standard Nitrile seat, optional Teﬂon or Viton seat
High Flow BACK CHECK VALVES
The ME873S Series valves feature our new modular Excela flange 4 bolt inlet ﬂange design that can be easily adapted
to both NPT thread or socket weld type B companion ﬂanges ranging from 1-1/4” to 2” in diameter making it universal to
piping sizes within this range. This innovative system allows installers the ability to eliminate unnecessary extra
connections as well as possible leak points by integrating a convenient 4 bolt ﬂange union at the valve inlet.
Marshall Excelsior High Flow back check valves provide back ﬂow protection to container openings or liquid lines where
ﬂow is intended for one direction. The valve is normally held closed until pressure activates the valve when ﬂow is
directed into piping or containers causing the back check to open. When ﬂow stops or reverses, the check returns to
the closed position. All MEC High Flow Back Check valves are supplied with o-ring so seats, which can be removed for
metal to metal seating. Also available with permanently bonded on main valve seals (SBN).
- Universal seat - Remove O-ring seal to create metal to metal sea ng surface or (SBN) bonded seat
- Up to 20% MORE FLOW than nearest competitor
- Maximum product ﬂ ow achieved by full port and stem travel design
- All models feature stainless steel stem, spring and valve guide
- Valve body: Duc le Iron / Shutoﬀ poppet assy: steel & stainless steel
- Available in 1-1/4” NPT, 2” NPT and 3” NPT x 4 Bolt Type A Flange
- All models can be used with LP Gas or NH3
- Universal 4 bolt ﬂange inlet type A
VALVE INSTALLATION TOOL
The MEP873 is intended to ﬁt all Excela-Flange type A ﬂange tank valves. This tool is designed to ﬁt
snuggly into each of the 4 type A smooth bore ﬂange bolt holes with individual posts. Each replaceable
post features a self-retaining spring ac on ball detent to hold the tool ﬁrmly in palce while attached
to the Excela-Flange valve and has rubber cushioning pads to prevent direct contact with sealing surfaces.
The MEP873 features a robust 1” square socket drive for use with even the most heavy-duty impact or socket
SOCKET WELD BACK CHECK VALVE
These Excela-Flange High Flow Socket Weld Back Check valves lead the industry with up to 20% More
Flow than the nearest competitor. Back check valves provide ﬂow protection to container openings or
liquid lines where ﬂow is intended for one direction. The valve is normally closed until pressure
activates the valve when ﬂow is directed into piping or containers causing the back check to open.
When ﬂow stops or reverses, the check returns to the closed position.
Being socket weld connection points, these valves are ideally suited for inline applications where
welded piping construction is desired, such as in a bobtail spray ﬁll / bypass return combination line.
A perfect companion to the MEC Excela-Flange product line. Only available with metal-to-metal seat due
to high heat associated with socket weld construction/installation.
- Up to 20% More Flow than nearest competitor
- Maximum ﬂow achieved by full port and increased stem travel design
- Integral breakaway feature leaves valve assembly intact
- All stainless steel internal components
- High temperature Inconel spring withstands heat from welding